Stunningly unique, hidden 3.73 acre Garden of Eden. Ecological condo surrounded by gardens, fruit trees, chickens, bees, and fantastic neighbors you will personally know in this intentional community. Wonderful blend of privacy and connection. Must be accompanied to view the amazing amenities not visible from street; guest & craft rooms, bike shelters, children's play areas, community hall for optional shared meals & more. Sensational!
This unique condo has two stories with an open plan airy downstairs and two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. Windows and French doors on both sides of the unit fill the space with light, while a back deck provides a lovely spot to have an outdoor dinner, or simply lounge and read a book. French doors overlook the gardens and raspberries.
Utilities: water, garbage, sewage are covered by the HOA and are paid by landlord. Tenant is only responsible for electricity.
Rent: $1700 a month
The unit is available September 1st for a 12month lease. Pets negotiable.
Please send a brief description of yourself and times you could come view the place to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some useful questions to ask oneself when considering living in a community such as CEV:
What excites me about living in a cohousing community?
What draws me to live in an ecovillage?
How do I feel about making many major and minor decisions with other people?
How much time do I have beyond my work, family and hobbies?
What would I like to learn while living in cohousing?
What skills, strengths, hobbies and talents would I want to share with others?
What balance between privacy and community is right for me?
What might be the most challenging thing for me in living in this community?
- An urban multigenerational Cohousing community in NE Portland
- Like living in the country and the city at the same time. Total 3.73 acres with 37 condominium units in friendly, environmentally conscious, cohousing community.
- Individual & community garden plots, berries, fruit and nut orchards, chickens and bees, irrigation system and rainwater cisterns, greenhouse, and covered, enclosed bike parking.
- New community dining hall.
- 1912 farmhouse contains guest rooms and is used for private and community meals, celebrations, and many other events. Includes freezer space and root cellar.
- Shared community craft room and laundry room
- Community meals (optional) several times per week
- Frequent service Tri-Met route 72 bus stop at the entry to the community and a second route, 75, within a ¼ mile.
- Close to Concordia New Seasons, Kennedy School, local coffee bars/restaurants/brew pubs and the Hollywood District with its library, theater, post office, and Trader Joe's.